Key Ring: Lion (Shumba)
Vimbai Madya Dolls create economic empowerment for women in Zimbabwe. Each doll is handcrafted, one of a kind and handmade with love by a woman in Zimbabwe. Each purchase provides sustainable income to the creator, enabling her to support her family, and to have confidence in the future. We are committed to providing ethical services and products that bring about social change, hope to their community and individual women.
- A male lion sleeps in his den and the females go out to hunt for food!
- A group of Lions is called a Pride, they are the only cats that live in groups
- A Lion would be defeated by a polar bear if they had a fight!
- A Lions roar can be heard from 8 km away
- Lions can run up to a speed of 81 kmph
- The name for a baby lion is a cub, whelp or lionet
- Made by Gogo Olive in Mutare, Zimbabwe
- Individually named by the lady who knitted it
- Tagged with the name and photo (unless they are still in prison) of the knitter
- CE tested
- Hand knitted with a mix of acrylic and cotton yarns
- Stuffed with a polyester toy stuffing
- Wash by gentle sponge cleaning
- Measures 6-7 inches