Jumbo: Wild Dog (Mhumhi)
Vimbai Madya Dolls create economic empowerment for women in Zimbabwe. Each doll is handcrafted, one of a kind and handmade with love by a woman in Zimbabwe. Each purchase provides sustainable income to the creator, enabling her to support her family, and to have confidence in the future. We are committed to providing ethical services and products that bring about social change, hope to their community and individual women.
- The scientific name for the African Wild Dog means ‘Painted Wolf’.
- Wild Dogs have 4 toes on each foot while domestic dogs have 5.
- Wild Dogs can run long distances at speeds of up to 56 kmph.
- No two Wild Dogs have the same markings.
- Wild Dogs can live up to 11 years old in the wild.
- Wild Dogs live and hunt in packs of between 6 and 20 members
- Made by Gogo Olive in Mutare, Zimbabwe
- Individually named by the lady who knitted it
- Tagged with the name and photo (unless they are still in prison) of the knitter
- CE tested
- Hand knitted with a mix of acrylic and cotton yarns
- Stuffed with a polyester toy stuffing
- Wash by gentle sponge cleaning
- Measures 12-14 inches