Baby: Rhino (Chipembere)
Vimbai Madya Dolls create economic empowerment for women in Zimbabwe. Each doll is handcrafted, one of a kind and handmade with love by a woman in Zimbabwe. Each purchase provides sustainable income to the creator, enabling her to support her family, and to have confidence in the future. We are committed to providing ethical services and products that bring about social change, hope to their community and individual women.
- The name Rhinoceros means ‘nose horn’
- A group of Rhino is called a crash.
- A White Rhino can weigh up to 3500kg
- Relative to their size, Rhinos have small brains
- Rhino horns are made from keratin, the same substance that fingernails and hair are made from
- A Rhino dung pile can be up to 3 feet high
- Individually named by the lady who knitted it
- Tagged with the name and photo (unless they are still in prison) of the knitter
- CE tested
- Hand knitted with a mix of acrylic and cotton yarns
- Stuffed with a polyester toy stuffing
- Wash by gentle sponge cleaning